Sawgrass unveiled today the newest addition to its Virtuoso line of fully integrated dye sublimation systems. The new 24 in / 630 mm, eight-color Virtuoso is the first printer of this size to be manufactured specifically for sublimation printing, and combines the power of Mutoh’s industry-leading ValueJet printer technology with the proven performance of Sawgrass’ SubliJet-HD sublimation ink.
“This introduction is a direct response to dealer and end-user requests for an alternative to the aftermarket solutions currently offered,” said Sawgrass Consumer Division President Darcy Mauro. “For many years, we have sold the Mutoh RJ 900 and 1638 as a dye sublimation solution in the U.S. We know the engineering quality that Mutoh already offers our customers. When it came time to choose a machine to expand our Virtuoso line of printing solutions, Mutoh was the natural choice.”
Earlier this year, Sawgrass announced a private-label partnership with Ricoh to bring the first printers designed and manufactured specifically for sublimation to market. The Virtuoso HD Product Decorating Systems, featuring SG400 (A4) and SG800 (A3+) printers, debuted in January, marking Sawgrass’ first step toward offering fully integrated sublimation printing solutions for desktop production markets.
“The response to Virtuoso went far beyond all of our expectations,” Mauro said. “Our customers are thrilled to finally have superior color output in an integrated solution that eliminates struggles with frequent model changes, while providing a single source for support. The strength of this success led us to expand our Virtuoso line into the 24 in / 630 mm market and create a global solution that will enable us to bring sublimation technology to new markets and geographic areas faster. ”
The 24 in / 630 mm Virtuoso system offers expanded capabilities for sublimation decorators who are looking to grow or diversify into new markets or for a more powerful and efficient printing solution. Perfect for larger images and high-volume production, the 24 in / 630 mm Virtuoso system includes:
• A new formulation of Sawgrass’ patented sublimation inks in both dual CMYK and eight-color configurations to deliver the largest gamut among 24 in / 630 mm sublimation printing systems.
• Convenient and reliable single-use cartridges.
• An expanding line of ink colors and ink sets, including fluorescents, to accommodate a growing list of applications.
• Compact design with a maximum media width of 24.8 inches / 629.9 mm.
• Access to CreativeStudio, Sawgrass’ innovative cloud-based online design software and stock design library.
• Advanced color management solutions, including the newly updated PowerDriver and CreativeStudio Print and Color Manager, as well as some RIP offerings.
• Full warranty, service and parts through Sawgrass’ PartnerPlus user support program.
“Mutoh has been a Sawgrass partner for many years, providing advanced technology and innovative solutions to the market together,” said Mutoh Sales Executive Hisayoshi Aoki. “We are honored and thankful that Sawgrass is adopting our ValueJet printer for their new business solution. We are convinced this business will be very successful, and look forward to further growing our partnership with Sawgrass.”