Quark Software Inc. announced today the official availability of QuarkXPress 2017, the newest version of Quark’s fully-integrated graphic design and desktop publishing software for professional print and digital production.
QuarkXPress 2017 introduces new graphics and image editing capabilities, such as non-destructive image editing, and extends text and typography features, such as text stroking and shading. The new version includes a range of the top user-requested features and continues to be sold as a perpetual license.
New Features Delivered
Hundreds of thousands of users around the world who value quality and performance choose QuarkXPress as one of their primary design tools based on its performance, stability, sustainable pricing structure, and consistent feature innovation. QuarkXPress 2017 delivers on all counts with new powerful features that span image and vectors, typography and text, digital publishing and many new customer wish list features.
Just a few of the many new features in QuarkXPress 2017 include:
• Non-destructive Image Editing: Edit images by adjusting levels and curves, changing brightness and contrast, applying gamma correction and much more. All adjustments are non-destructive, so original images stay intact.
• Adaptive Layout Conversion for Print and Digital: QuarkXPress supports the rapid conversion of print layouts into digital media or even from one print layout to another. Adaptive conversion lets designers duplicate a layout and automatically resize all design elements, even if the layout is converted to different aspect ratios.
• Responsive HTML5 Publications (Multi Device Output): QuarkXPress 2017 can export multiple digital layouts of different sizes as a single HTML5 package. For example, designers can create a layout for an iPad (vertical and horizontal orientations), duplicate the layout using Adaptive Settings for an iPhone and adjust it accordingly.
• Convert to Native Objects Enhancements: With the introduction of this game-changing feature, QuarkXPress is the first layout application to convert almost any third party content and layout such as PDF, Adobe Illustrator, EPS, InDesign and Microsoft Office files to native, editable QuarkXPress objects. Based on user feedback, this capability has now been greatly enhanced. For example, converted images can optionally be saved to disk and linked to the QuarkXPress layout, keeping their resolution, color model, and color profiles.
• “Unlimited” Free iOS Apps: Use the QuarkXPress digital layout capabilities to create innovative interactive experiences, all 100% based on HTML5. Now designers can create as many single iOS apps as they would like. No subscription, no per-app fee, all done directly from within QuarkXPress 2017. ˚‡
These are just a few of the many new features included in QuarkXPress 2017.