Capturing the texture and physicality of a design is often the most elusive, yet unique aspect of branding, especially for outdoor installations like awnings and umbrellas. With new 3M Printable Fabric 9100 from 3M Commercial Solutions, backed by the 3M MCS Warranty, graphic manufacturers can now bring an elegant and unique aesthetic to a company’s outdoor branding that goes well beyond the ordinary.
3M Printable Fabric 9100 is a fabric designed to be digitally printed upon, that provides a durable and upscale finish for awnings, umbrellas, and sign flags. 3M Printable Fabric 9100 was optimized to work with EFI for VUTEk GS3250LXr, GS5250LXr and GS5500LXr Pro Printers using EFI VUTEk GSLXr 3M Superflex UV Inks. The launch of Printable Fabric 9100 also features 3M Scotchcal Ultra-Matte Overlaminate 9025UM, a new overlaminate specifically designed to protect the fabric and earn coverage from the 3M MCS Warranty.
“Allowing our GM partners to offer their customers even more opportunities to promote their goods, services, and brand is something we look to do at 3M,” said Adam Larson, Global Portfolio Manager, 3M. “Our fabric material allows brands to see their awnings and other exterior fabric spaces as an area to attract users and best bring their inside store appearance out.
Updates have also been made to the 3M MCS Warranty for select illuminated sign films and substrates, including 3M Printable Fabric 9100 and the EFI™ products used to print upon it. The 3M MCS Warranty provides installers with confidence that their well-crafted projects will exceed expectations, and includes the following updates:
• Warranty extension of up to 6 years and coverage of three-layer prints with white ink when using EFI VUTEk GSLXr and GSLX 3M Superflex UV Ink, and EFI VUTEk GSr 3M Premium UV Ink
• Warranty extension of up to 6 years and when using EFI™ VUTEk GS3250 3M Premium UV Ink
• White ink is now covered when using EFI 3M SuperRange Ink and H1625 LED Series 3M Inks
3M Unveils New Clear Coat for Latex Printed Graphics
3M continues to expand the versatility and quality of its industry-leading family of long-term, durable clear coats, with the introduction of new 3M Screen Print UV Gloss Clear 9760LX developed for use on HP 3M 891, 881, 871 and 831 latex inks. A high-performance, UV-cured clear coat designed for latex printed graphics, UV Gloss Clear 9760LX delivers a tough, chemical-, abrasion- and weather-resistant coating that graphic manufacturers can rely on. 3M Screen Print UV Gloss Clear 9760LX is also backed by the 3M MCS Warranty, receiving a 5-year vehicle warranty with approved 3M premium film solutions.
New Ink and Printer Combinations Added to the 3M Performance Guarantee
The roster of OEM inkjet printer and ink combinations qualified to receive the 3M Performance Guarantee continues its expansion, offering assurance to customers that 3M digital graphic films have been put through mechanical and physical tests to ensure they will perform throughout the warranted period. The following ink and printer combinations are new to the list:
• HP 831 Latex Ink – HP Latex 310, 330, 360, 370 Printers
• HP 871 Latex Ink – HP Latex 360, 370 Printers
• HP 881 Latex Inks – HP Photsmart C3100 Printer
• HP 3M 891 Latex Ink – HP Color LaserJet 3500 Printer
• Mimaki SS21 OEM Ink – Mimaki JV150, JV300, CJV150, CJV300 Printer Series
• RICOH L4100 Latex Ink – RICOH Pro L4100 Printer Series
• Roland Eco-Sol MAX 2 Ink – Roland SOLJET Pro 4 XF, XR Printers