Epson today announced its latest wide-format printer designed for the display graphics and fine art photography markets – the high-production 44-inch SureColor P10000. Ideal for commercial and production print shops managing indoor display graphics applications and large photographic and fine art fulfillment needs, the SureColor P10000 leverages an impressive 8,000 nozzle PrecisionCore MicroTFP print head, innovative media feeding system, and reformulated Epson UltraChrome PRO nine-color pigment ink system to provide unparalleled production speeds and unmatched print quality. When compared with other Epson solutions on the market, the new SureColor P10000 is capable of producing quality output up to 2.8 times faster.
“Epson understands the needs of our professional imaging customers. We are focused on providing customers with reliable printing solutions that can produce graphics, fine art and photography at high speeds without compromising quality,” said Larry Kaufman, product manager, Epson Professional Imaging, Epson America. “The SureColor P10000 is ideal for commercial printers who are not only limited by space, but who strive to more efficiently produce output to meet production deadlines and customer turn-around times.”
The SureColor P10000 utilizes an all-new 2.6-inch tall, high-performance 10-channel PrecisionCore MicroTFP print head capable of printing output at exceptionally high resolutions up to 2,400 x 1,200 dpi, ideal for the demanding upscale retail display graphics and fine art photography printing community. Combined with the new Epson UltraChrome PRO nine-color pigment ink system, the SureColor P10000 provides outstanding color and black density. Epson UltraChrome PRO is the first pigment ink set to feature four-levels of gray ink technology, including Gray, Light Gray, Dark Gray, and Black pigments to provide seamless transitions with less visible noise and reduced bronzing for superior grayscale output. In addition, the SureColor P10000 utilizes improved Resin Encapsulation Technology for output with superior gloss uniformity, and exceptional overall contrast ratio and clarity. In addition, this latest generation color pigment technology significantly improves overall print permanence – resulting in prints with exceptional ability to preserve the legacy of the artist.
More About the SureColor P10000
The high-production SureColor P10000 joins the 64-inch SC-P20000 in offering several innovative features to the display graphics, fine art and photo industries, including:
– Epson PrecisionCore MicroTFP Print Head Technology: 2.6 inch tall, ten-channel print head offers high-performance and consistency to deliver high-production, high-quality output. Supports variable size ink droplet technology as small as 3.5 picoliters for remarkable print quality. New enhancements include Nozzle Verification Technology and automatic nozzle cleaning without the use of additional media.
– Epson UltraChrome PRO Inks: UltraChrome PRO inks utilize the first four-level gray ink technology to produce outstanding grayscale prints. New Yellow pigment formulation for up to twice the overall print permanence and longevity when compared with previous generation ink set. Individual ink cartridges up to 700 ml enable users to avoid production downtimes and maximize profitability. The SureColor P10000 is designed exclusively for use with Epson ink cartridges1.
– New Advanced Media Feeding System: Featuring an all-new media feed system, the SureColor P10000 captures photographs from the back side of the media in real-time and incorporates a pattern recognition algorithm providing feedback up to 60 timers per second ensuring accurate and precise media feed. In addition, new inductive rollers automatically load roll media without a skew and protect sensitive fine art media from scratches throughout the printing process.
– Advanced Black & White Printing Technology: Utilizes a four-level black system to optimize black & white print quality and a unique screening algorithm for producing professional black & white prints. Dedicated Photo Black and Matte Black channels support automatic real-time black Ink type switching.
– Advanced Cut Sheet Media Handling: Ideal for softer fine art papers, such as the Epson Legacy Paper line, the SureColor P10000 supports accurate cut sheet media loading for 13” x 19” up to 44” wide. In addition, the SureColor P10000 supports straight-through poster board media up to 1.5mm thick from 17” to 44” wide. Border Free printing is also supported for a variety of media sizes.
– Internal Print Server: A secure, internal 320GB print server included with the printer boosts workgroup productivity by quickly transferring print jobs to free-up workstations; adds print queue management, as well as print job save and reprint functionality.
– Optional Auto Take-up Reel System: User-installable and intended for unsupervised production of large print runs with roll-to-roll requirements; available for $1,295*.