Epson America today announced Epson Print Layout, a software designed to simplify the highly complex print and color management workflow for photographers. The advanced software provides an intuitive linear workflow specifically designed to provide easy printer selection, layout, and color management settings, in addition to providing a live Advanced Black-and-White Mode1 output preview. Compatible with Epson SureColor® P-Series printers2, Epson Print Layout is the ideal solution for enthusiast and professional photographers looking to create the highest quality photos easily.
“One of the biggest hurdles with printing photos is locating and selecting the correct settings in the operating system, application and driver software,” said Eddie Murphy, marketing specialist, Epson America, Inc. “With Epson Print Layout we wanted to simplify printing by bringing all of the settings into one location, laid out in a step-by-step process. And, listening to requests from photographers, we’ve added the ability to live preview their images when using Advanced Black-and-White Photo Mode.”
Epson Print Layout is available as an Adobe® Photoshop® plug-in or standalone application for Windows and Mac based operating systems. This advanced software makes printing easier with a step-by-step selection of frequently used printing options, such as printer selection, layout, and color settings. Epson Print Layout offers full ICC profile support or users can select automatic color modes through the Epson print driver. Enhanced features include customized frame and border options for gallery-wrap printing and automatic paper sizing for panoramas.
“Epson Print Layout delivers on the promise of the Advanced Black-and-White Photo Mode,” said Vincent Versace, professional photographer and best-selling author of “From Oz to Kansas: Almost Every Black and White Conversion Known to Man.” “I’m now able to target and control different tonal areas of an image, non-destructively, and extract fine details from my black-and-white prints that I’ve previously been unable to print. I’ve never had that level of control in an application.”
Additional Epson Print Layout Features:
• Simplified Interface – Intuitive linear workflow allows for quick and easy navigation of printer, layout and color settings
• Versatility – Epson Print Layout is available as a Photoshop plug-in or as a standalone application
• Creative Customized Gallery Wrap Prints – Choose from multiple frame and border options for printing on canvas
• Easily Print Panoramas – Epson Print Layout automatically sizes the print based on your selected image and roll width
• Designed for Color-Managed Workflows – Offers full ICC profile support; or users can select automatic color modes through the Epson driver
• Live Preview for Advanced Black-and-White Photo Mode1 – Directly fine-tune and preview black-and-white images within Epson Print Layout to achieve the ideal tonal range