Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions North America today launched the the next generation of cast films, MPI 1105 Supercast films and a new family of cast overlaminates. The new MPI 1105 is an ultra-conformable supercast film that merges premium PVC facestock with a long term removable (LTR) adhesive. This powerful combination delivers reliable and superior print quality and instant adaptability to a broad range of applications from car wraps to outdoor graphic needs.
“MPI 1105 provides print consistency while maintaining superior conformability,” said Bill Podojil, senior business director, Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions. “The film’s print technology improves reliability in all applications and across all leading printing platforms: latex, UV, EcoSol and solvents. As ink and print technologies continue to evolve, we are keeping pace to advance and improve our vinyl to meet these changes.”
Avery Dennison has optimized the Digital Overlaminate (DOL) portfolio to perform with the upgraded print media. Order the new MPI 1105 Supercast films with the new DOL 1000Z series, DOL 1300Z series or DOL 1460Z for superior durability. The MPI 1105 films are also compatible with the existing DOL 6460 and DOL 6040 overlaminates.
MPI 1105 is available with Easy Apply RS, Easy Apply and Gloss Opaque LTR technologies to provide quick and easy application and long-term removability. Easy Apply air egress technology helps eliminate wrinkles and bubbles while Easy Apply RS provides repositionability and slideability, allowing the film to be moved easily before pressure is applied.
Key features of the Avery Dennison MPI 1105 Supercast film include:
• Stable print performance throughout shelf life, across all print platforms
• Highly conformable film, suitable for complex curves, rivets and corrugations
• High gloss with a sheet whiteness that delivers greater depth of color and improved ink efficiency
• High durability for the most demanding outdoor applications
• Long term removability (LTR) with a digital overlaminate, liquid clear coat or raw film
• Quick and easy installation with Easy Apply RS and Easy Apply liner technology for air egress and slideability
• ICS Performance Guarantee available
“Avery Dennison MPI 1105 is ultra conformable and performs well under heat. The cuts are clean and it squeegees on the trailer’s surface with ease,” said John Duever, president, Vinyl Images and Design, LLC. “The new film prints crisp, vibrant colors, especially on our latex printers. The colors come out solid and true with no banding. MPI 1105 and DOLZ 1360 is a great combo that we can’t wait to continue to use.”