Onyx Graphics - 8/28/2008
ONYX Graphics Adds Support for New Epson Stylus Pro GS6000
Commercial Outdoor Printer
ONYX Graphics, Inc. today announced it has added support for the new Epson Stylus® Pro GS6000 commercial
outdoor printer. The printer driver is available now.
Working closely with Epson, ONYX Graphics has developed a top-quality production driver for the Epson
Stylus Pro GS6000. The unique features of the Epson Stylus Pro GS6000 are enhanced by the remarkable
productivity, cost savings and color output provided by the ONYX® workflow family of products.
"This alliance between Epson and ONYX has allowed us to combine our newly developed Epson Stylus Pro
printers with ONYX workflow software products in order to address the diversifying needs of print-for-pay users
in the best possible way," comments Hiroshi Sotokawa, General Manager of Epson's Inkjet Business Product
Planning Department. "I'm confident that this new combination of technologies will set a new standard for signage."
"Epson is a world leader in print technology with a reputation for manufacturing high quality printers that produce
superior image quality," said Jeb Hurley, President and CEO of ONYX Graphics, Inc. "Our ongoing relationship
with Epson enables ONYX to bring our expertise in color workflow for solvent printing to the table, and together
we have developed tools that deliver exceptional and consistent results."
The ONYX driver combines key features of the Epson Stylus Pro GS6000 with ONYX product benefits:
- Full support for all Epson Stylus Pro GS6000 print modes, including the high-speed 720 x 360 dpi two-pass print
mode: immediately use whatever print mode – high speed or high quality – is required to get the job done
- Printer status viewable in the RIP-Queue, displaying ink levels and heater temperature
- Automatic spot color library matching, including PANTONE®, HKS and RAL professional color libraries, which
help reduce manual print-and-test trials that can increase throughput time
- Streamlined system for fewer steps from file to print
- Support for printing with only CMYK inks, reducing ink costs (omitting orange and green when not necessary)
- Intelligent nesting saves media; job tracking provides cost data by job; and soft proofing reduces turnaround
time by eliminating the hardcopy proof step
Superior Color Output
- Epson-qualified media profiles, including media from Epson and other popular media manufacturers, supported
for various print modes, ensure customers consistently get the high quality they are expecting
- More vibrant colors with true CMYKcmOG color-managed printing for maximum gamut and spot color matching
using the printer’s expanded ink set
- ONYX ProductionHouseTM and ONYX PosterShop® software are G7 and SWOP® (Standard Web Offset
Printing) certified so users can confidently use digital press proofs with the assurance of matching SWOP criteria
The Epson Stylus Pro GS6000 printer driver is included in the new ONYX PosterShop and ONYX
ProductionHouse Version 7.2 software packages purchased after August 11, 2008. Registered users with
licenses obtained prior to August 11 can purchase the driver for ONYX 7.2 versions of ONYX ProductionHouse,
ONYX PosterShop and ONYX RIPCenterTM software.