3M - 6/20/2008
3M Announces Performance Guarantee Program Updates
St. Paul, MN - 3M continues to grow its roster of OEM piezo ink jet printer and ink combinations qualified to
receive the 3M Performance Guarantee when used with approved 3M media. New to the list are the following:
- Epson Stylus ProGS6000 with UltraChrome Inks
- Mimaki JV33 with SS21 Inks
In addition, the 3M Performance Guarantee continues to cover the following printer and ink combinations:
- Gandi JETi 3312 and 3324 with Gandi ET solvent inks
- HP Displaymaker 72UV Printer HP SC200 inks
- HP Displaymaker 72S with HP SC100 inks
- HP Designjet 9000s Printer Series with HP 790 Series inks
- Mimaki JV3 series printers with SS1, SS2, MS and ES3 Series inks There is no SS1 ink series.
- Mimaki JV5 series printers with HS Series inks
- Mutoh Falcon II Outdoor series printers with and Eco-Ultra inks
- Mutoh Toucan printer with Toucan Solvent inks
- Mutoh Toucan LT printer with LT ink series and Eco-Ultra inks
- Mutoh ValueJET 1204 and 1604 with Eco-Ultra inks
- Océ CS6060 printer with IJC610 inks
- Roland SOLJET Pro II EX series printers with Eco-MAX inks
- Roland VersaCAMM series printers with Eco-MAX inks
- Roland Advanced Jet with Eco-Xtreme inks
- Seiko ColorPainter 64S and 100S with Seiko OEM Solvent inks
- HP/Scitex TURBOjet printer with the TJ100 Supreme inks
- HP/Scitex XLjet series printers with XL200 and XL300 Supreme inks
- EFI VUTEk 3300, 5300 series printers with UltraVu Series 5 inks
- EFI VUTEk 2360, 3360 series printers with UltraVu Series 5 inks
3M’s qualified-media portfolio for these OEM printers and inks incorporates a broad range of products including
Controltac Graphic Films, Controltac Graphic Films with Comply Adhesive, Scotchcal Graphic Films and
Scotchlite Reflective Graphic Films. These products are designed, engineered, developed, tested and
manufactured for optimal compatibility and performance.
"3M conducts extensive testing to confirm that our products are reliable and provide consistent results," said
James Carter, senior technical service specialist, Graphics Market Center. "It’s a four-month process with
10,000 data points and results several-inches thick."
"Running media in a printer isn’t like buying gas," Carter continued. "These aren’t interchangeable parts.
There are so many variables that can change the physical properties of the media. We’ve engineered our
media for solvent-based piezo-print platforms and tested both media and printers extensively to assure quality,
durability and longevity."
The performance guarantee covers tested and qualified OEM printers and inks used with 3M media. Approved
3M media, overlaminates and screen print clears are guaranteed to be free of media-induced artifacts that can
cause misprints and guaranteed to adhere to recommended substrates.
To qualify for the 3M Performance Guarantee, graphics must be installed according to 3M recommendations.
The performance guarantee covers the replacement cost of 3M materials only and does not warrant image
fading, cracking, peeling or any other performance issues.