Konica Minolta - 6/4/2007
Konica Minolta Launches True Black and White Replacement MFP
with Next-Generation bizhub C451
Ramsey, NJ - June 4, 2007 - Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc. (Konica Minolta), a leading provider
of imaging and networking technologies, today announced the launch of the bizhub C451. The second in a
series of next-generation bizhub products to be delivered this year, the bizhub C451 is extending the rapid market
shift to color printing, and highlights the networking capabilities of Konica Minolta’s leading-edge multifunctional
products (MFPs - print, copy, fax, and scan all in one system). With fast color and cost-effective black and white
output, the bizhub C451 provides all-in-one solution for high-end office workgroups and applications that require
45 pages per minute (ppm) color and 45 ppm black and white document production.
Developed and manufactured by Konica Minolta, the bizhub C451 continues Konica Minolta’s advancement
in technology with the bizhub OP, Emperon Print Controller, SimitriTM HD (High Definition) Color Polymerized
Toner, and the industry’s first Biometric Authentication Unit, in which the vein patterns of a finger are scanned,
encrypted, stored, and used to distinguish individuals. Adding this state-of-the-art option to Konica Minolta’s
award-winning security feature (Hard Drive Overwrite Function with Optional Encryption) and overall system
security, and Konica Minolta is leading the industry in providing document security protocols to end-users.
The bizhub C451 is designed to be a true color replacement for monochrome devices and incorporates
innovative new features such as the tandem laser print head and improvements that deliver better image
quality, reliability and enhanced productivity. The bizhub C451’s all-in-one capability means that redundant
devices, such as a separate scanner, fax machine and printer can be replaced by one versatile color MFP.
"As with all the next-generation bizhub MFPs, the C451’s new ‘360 degree design’ makes it aesthetically
pleasing from any angle so it can be centered in a busy work area," said Kevin P. Kern, vice president,
product planning and development, Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc. "Konica Minolta customers
can look to the bizhub C451, and trust it will meet their demanding document handling and management needs,
while delivering unsurpassed system performance and innovation."
The bizhub C451 is ahead of its predecessor the bizhub C450 with a faster CPU, more main memory, larger HDD,
and a bigger and clearer LCD. It also offers faster printer speeds, increased maximum monthly duty cycle,
quicker warm-up time, larger paper capacity, and updated security features such as biometric authentication.
The bizhub C451 provides customers with a true black and white replacement device offering striking color
output without paying a premium for black and white output or sacrificing black and white print speed.
bizhub C451 Standard Features
- Fast color output (45 ppm) and cost-effective black and white output (45 ppm)
- Exceptionally fast warm up and fast first copy time
- New 360 degree design and color scheme
- InfoLine status reporting with new LED lights
- On-board color touch screen control panel with thumbnail preview and programmable shortcut keys for most
frequently used copy and scan/fax functions
- Next generation security with award-winning Hard Drive Overwrite security function, LDAP Authentication,
optional Biometric Authentication Unit and other high-level standard security features
- Tandem laser print head with polygon mirror
- Higher image quality Simitri HD toner. Improvements include lower temperature fusing, ultra-fine carrier particles
and higher purity materials.
- Standard Automatic Duplex Unit (ADU) for double-sided color printing and copying at 100% productivity
- Reversing Automatic Document Feeder
- Internet Fax and desktop faxing
- Four drawers and intelligent bypass tray for standard 3,650-sheet paper capacity and enhanced paper handling
up to 100 lb. cover through the bypass.
- Network scanning: Email, FTP, SMP (desktop), User Box (HDD) and TWAIN
- PCL6 and PS Level 3 (emulation) Printing
- PageScope Software Utilities
- Section 508 compliance for easy access
- Banner Printing functionality (up to 11-3/4" x 47-1/4")
bizhub C451 Innovations and Improvements
- One of the smallest and most compact in its class.
- Large capacity toner cartridges lower the cost per copy and can be replaced on the fly.
- Support for IPv6 next generation Networking Protocol.
- New 8.5-inch color LCD display control panel to preview data and display thumbnail images to see the job
before it prints. The panel can be tilted both vertically and horizontally for enhanced Section 508 compliance.
The control panel permits jobs stored in the bizhub C451 to be printed without need for a PC.
- Emperon Controller enhancements include higher processing speeds, unification of printer drivers (PCL/PS),
advanced user box editing and storing capabilities and user box thumbnail preview.
Options and Accessories
- Biometric Authentication Unit - First introduced with the bizhub C550, the bizhub C451 also offers the industry’s
first Biometric Authentication Unit, in which the vein patterns of a finger are scanned, encrypted and stored and
are used to distinguish individuals.
- Internal Finisher for multiposition stapling and banner printing, Hole Punch Kit for 2- or 3-hole punching capability,
and Saddle Stitch Kit for creating 60-page (15-sheet) crease folded booklets.
- Large Capacity Tray - holds up to 3,000 letter-size sheets for a total paper capacity of 6,650 sheets